19 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

Dave's 50th

To contact us Click HERE
Odin, Greg and me
This past Friday I was invited to Dave's impromptu 50th birthday party at the Lost Dog pub in Orleans. I invited my sister, Odin to go with me because she knew the whole gang that was going to be there too and I sure as heck didn't want to go alone! My old next door neighbor (when I was a kid) Greg, who invited me, and all of his friends who I used to hang out with,  were there so it was like a class reunion of sorts. I hadn't seen most of these people in 32 years and didn't even recognize a lot of them including the birthday boy! (It's funny but they said I hadn't changed - except the hair color of course) I don't know if that's good or bad.

Anyway.... There's just something warm and fuzzy about being with childhood friends. You kind of forget the present stresses and it takes you back to a simpler time in your mind, when life was easy and all you had to worry about is what to do on a Friday night. Seeing Greg especially was like seeing part of  family because he was like a brother growing up.
So, even though I was out of my comfort zone, and it was hard to talk myself into actually getting out of the house at night and going,  I'm so glad I went. I remembered what it was like to be a 'person' again- not just a mom or an artist, and I realized that I need more of that balance in my life. Balance. It's a good thing.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder