12 Ekim 2012 Cuma

A Librarian's View of ScienceOnline

To contact us Click HERE
I've submitted a photograph to #scio12 science-art show.  I wanted to convey something about science, which is tough since what I most like to photograph is flowers and cats. Ok, I could have argued that they were science photos, but I thought it was a stretch.
I thought more about it and decided to take photos of some of the books I've acquired (for myself or for my library) as a result of ScienceOnline past & current.  Here, therefore, is my view of ScienceOnline:

The books are, from top to bottom:
  • Graedon, J., & Graedon, T. (2011). The people's pharmacy quick & handy home remedies. Washington, DC: National Geographic.
  • Zimmer, C. (2011). A planet of viruses. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
  • Skloot, R. (2010). The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks. New York: Crown Publishers.
  • Dunn, R. R. (2011). The wild life of our bodies: Predators, parasites, and partners that shape who we are today. New York: Harper.
  • McKenna, M. (2010). Superbug: The fatal menace of MRSA. New York: Free Press.
  • Linden, T. (2011). The New York times reader: Health and medicine. Washington, D.C: CQ Press.
  • Tucker, H. (2011). Blood work: A tale of medicine and murder in the scientific revolution. New York: W.W. Norton.
  • Mooney, C., & Kirshenbaum, S. (2009). Unscientific America: How scientific illiteracy threatens our future. New York: Basic Books.
  • Specter, M. (2009). Denialism: How irrational thinking hinders scientific progress, harms the planet, and threatens our lives. New York: Penguin Press.
  • Meredith, D. (2010). Explaining research: How to reach key audiences to advance your work. New York, N.Y: Oxford University Press.

You can check out (literally and figuratively) these books on my WorldCat list of ScienceOnline Books.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder