9 Ekim 2012 Salı

Mom's 75th Birthday!

To contact us Click HERE
Sunday, Aug. 26th 2012 my mom turned 75. We had a party for her at W.Dennis Beach, which we entitled "The Party of Lights". Everyone was supposed to be 'lit up' in some way. This is how it looked after dark. 
Here's a photo of my mom and her 4 kids: (in order of oldest to youngest) Treg, Me, Odin (dark hair) then Grethe. Yes, we have really weird names, but you have to blame that one on my dad. They are all Scandinavian like he was. 
Here's the birthday girl herself! She was in her glory with all her kids, grand kids and friends gathered for her special day. 
I bought some light up balloons and we tied them to a bucket, put them in a kiddie pool filled with water so they wouldn't pop, (and so the kids wouldn't step on them) and my sister had some easter egg lanterns with glow sticks in them hanging off of bamboo sticks, and the candles were all just led candle lights. There were no flames at all, but the whole place looked and glowed as if there were. It was really neat looking!
Then of course, we glowed too. I have to say, it stopped passer by-ers. One even wanted to take photo's!
Breten (me), Brielle (my oldest) Odin (sister) Mom, Sienna  (my youngest) Grethe (sister)
Here is all the girls in the family, except for my youngest niece, Qena. She's only 2 and was running around  somewhere. We couldn't catch her for the photo. 
me and Brielle all a glow

This is a great photo of Brielle and her aunt, but look closely in the background and you'll see my nephew, Frey (another Nordic name) making a lovely face. Leave it to a 12 year old...
Here's Qena! (my 2 yr. old niece)
My mom with her son who she sees about twice a year (even though he lives 45 minutes away. )

Sienna, Grethe and Quince (her oldest son)

The sun went down and the lights started to glow!
My brother, and his sons, Brenden and Dylan set up their instruments and started to play. They are all really good and it was great to have live music!
another shot of the pool and lights


Add caption
It was a really fun party. I think everyone enjoyed themselves and the glow lights were such a great thing to do. I think we may just do that again next year! Happy birthday Mumma. ~

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder