9 Ekim 2012 Salı

Cape Cod Cottage and Beach Scenes

To contact us Click HERE





I just finished a few larger (16"x20") paintings. I figured, why not paint some 'local' scenes? Everybody likes to look at the beach! In this one (above) I incorporated a Cape Cod style cottage- complete with little starfish in the windows like so many of the houses around here have. BUT- please note, these are not REAL Starfish- the person living inside this house is very good about not killing live animals for their decorating pleasure! This one and the next one are your typical beach scenes. I put a little more detail into this one and tried NOT to put so much detail into the last one. Sometimes it's hard for me to stop, so I have to actually work on that every now and then. I want my paintings to be loose and alive. So why is this hanging outside, next to my shovel? I can't seem to take a good photo of it with indoor lighting, so I was trying this. It STILL isn't cutting it. The painting is much more bright and defined than this. More like the colors in the top one. Oh well, one of these days maybe I'll figure it out or get a better camera! 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder